Adult Cardiac Critical Care Chapter
About the Chapter:
The chapter assembles experienced clinicians dealing with and taking care of a wide range of patients in the post-cardio-thoracic and vascular surgery settings. It provides a top-notch, state-of-the-art, extracorporeal life support service (ECLS) for advanced heart failure and cardiogenic shock patients in various forms, including ventricular assist devices, Veno-Arterial, and ECMO machines.
To be the authority and reference for post-cardiac, thoracic, and vascular surgical critical care in the kingdom.
To raise the standard of post-cardio thoracic and vascular critical care by promoting training, research, and quality improvement projects.
- To build a strong and active adult cardiac-thoracic critical care network in the kingdom.
- To establish research and quality improvement projects related to the cardiothoracic critical care field with the chapter experts' collaboration.
- To support the training of critical care fellows and residents rotating in cardiothoracic critical care units.
- To enhance the training in the point of care ultrasonography (POCUS), including a focused goal-directed critical care transoesophageal echocardiography.
- To train and engage the advanced cardiothoracic critical care fellows in the designated chapter activities and provide them with expert-level training
- To participate in the Saudi critical care society's regular academic activities and the annual conference.
- Collaborate with other chapters, especially the nursing and Extracorporeal Life Support, to enhance education, training, and quality of care.
- To advocate for a collaborative nationwide network to facilitate the transfer of the critically ill cardiothoracic patients to designated intensive care units for advanced treatment modalities.
- Monthly topic review or journal club.
Chapter Committee Members:
- Dr. Ahmed Fathe Alohali
- Dr. Salman Abdulaziz
- Dr. Mohamed Aziz
- Dr. Sultan Al Amri
- Dr. Abdulkarem Alwesabi
- Dr. Mohamed Anwar Aboughanima
- Dr. Waleed Alkhulaidi
- Dr. Amira H. Ahmed
- Dr. Mohammad S. Dairi
- Dr. Mohammed Albarrak
- Dr. Tarek Tantawy
Committee expectation and responsibilities:
- To create and initiate research, quality projects, educative courses, and presentations.
- To be active in participating in the chapter's different academic activities.
Membership of the committee:
By direct invitation. All committee member are Intensivist, Cardiac Anesthetist, or Cardiac Surgeon with interest, practice, or certification in Adult Post Cardiothoracic Surgery Critical care.
Meetings Frequency and Quorum:
The committee is very active in the social media platform and official meetings when needed.
Head of the Adult Cardiac Critical Care Chapter:
Ahmed F. Alohali, MD
Dr. Ahmed Alohali is an adult pulmonary and critical care consultant with near 10 years of experience. Interested in cardiac critical care and pulmonary hypertension.
Currently, Dr. Ahmed Alohali is an intensive care consultant and cardiac intensive care consultant, as well as the head of the cardiac critical care.
Unit and the ECMO program in King Fahad Medical City. Dr. Alohali is a member in the scientific committee for the adult critical care fellowship program in the Saudi council for health specialties, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
King Fahad Medical City.
P.O. Box. 59046 , Riyadh 11525
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Phone (+966) 11 288 9999 Ext: 26335
Cell: (+966) 539417235